There are two
recipes on this page, Lemon Chicken Pasta and Chicken
Chicken Pasta is one of our
regular favourite dishes. This recipe is based
on several different versions that we have come across over the years
and has been modified to make it much easier to prepare and cook. Some
versions recommend much more lemon, some less, but we think that the
sweet to sour balance of this version is the best. Do not try adding too
much lemon, particularly if they have a thick pith, it can make the dish
This dish can use
several types of pasta, just choose your own favourite short type such
as fusili, radiatore or the like. Serve with a light dry Italian red
wine such as Chianti Ruffina.
for 4 servings:
- 4 teaspoons whole-grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 medium chicken breasts skinless
- 1 bulb of garlic with about 8 medium
cloves, broken up but not peeled
- 4 medium sized red onions, each cut into 8 wedges
- 4 sprigs of rosemary, remove the
leaves and discard the stalks
- 1 lemon cut in half
- 300 ml (0.5 pint) chicken stock
- 350 g (12 oz) pasta
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6/200°C/400°F.
2 Cut the chicken into bite size pieces about 1/2" (1cm) cubes.
3. Mix together the mustard and honey, stock and the squeezed juice from
4. Cut the squeezed lemon halves into 4 pieces each.
5. Place the breasts in a casserole dish or deep baking tray with the garlic cloves, onion wedges and rosemary leaves.
6. Pour over the liquid honey, mustard and juice mixture.
7. Season to taste, we usually use 1 teaspoon of salt and about 10 - 12
grinds of the pepper grinder, stir to mix.
8. Cover with a lid if using a casserole dish or foil if a tray.
9. Place in the oven for 45 minutes.
10. Remove the foil and cook for a further 5 minutes.
11. Meanwhile cook the pasta in plenty of salted, boiling water and drain.
Usually we allow 11 minutes for normal pasta.
12. Remove the lemon peel from the casserole then mix the remaining
chicken mixture with the pasta.
13. Toss the cooked pasta in with the vegetables and juices in the tray.
you enjoyed this recipe or have any suggestions send us the idea HERE.
Cacciatore is a country style pasta dish made with
chicken, a rich tomato sauce and onions.
for 4 Servings:
450g (1lb) Chicken breasts,
skinless and off the bone
4 rashers back bacon, preferably lean
2 (30ml) tablespoons of cooking oil
2 garlic cloves, sliced finely
2 onions, sliced finely
150 ml (0.25 pint) dry white wine
2 x 400 g cans chopped tomatoes
1 bay leaf
1 pack (70gr) of fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
225 g (8 oz) button mushrooms
1 teaspoon sugar
300 g (11 oz) pasta ribbons
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Put the oil in
a large frying pan and heat until very hot.
2. Cut the chicken pieces into bite sized pieces (about 1cm cubes) and
then brown the them on all sides.
3. Season with salt and pepper and remove from the pan to a plate.
4. Put the bacon, onions and garlic in the pan, turn down the heat and stir-fry for 4
to 5 minutes or until the onions have started to soften.
5. Pour in the wine and keep cooking on a high heat for 2 - 3 minutes
making sure that the mixture does not stick and scraping up the sediment from the bottom of the pan.
6. Add all the remaining ingredients, seasoning and the sugar, stir and simmer, covered with a lid, for 15 minutes.
7. Uncover and simmer for a further 20 minutes to thicken the sauce.
8. Whilst cooking the chicken, cook the pasta in plenty of boiling, salted water
for about 11 minutes and then drain.
9. Mix with the sauce and serve.